BTL - Volume II - Teaching 40
The Book of True Life - Teachings of the Divine Master -
Volume II - Teaching 29 - 55
Book of True Life - Volume 2
1. Your Father prepared everything for the Word of God to dwell among humanity and to show it the path of its restitution with sublime examples of his love.
2. First he inspired the prophets who announced the form in which the Messiah would come to the world, what his work would be, and his suffering and death as a man, so that those who knew the prophecies would immediately recognize Christ when he appeared on earth.
3. Centuries before my presence through Jesus, the Prophet Isaiah said, Therefore, the Lord will give you this sign. For behold the Virgin will conceive and give birth to a child who will be called Emmanuel, which means God is with you. With this prophecy, among others, he announced my coming.
4. Many centuries before my arrival, David, with songs filled with pain and prophetic meaning, sang of the sufferings of the Messiah during the crucifixion. In those psalms, he speaks of one of my seven words on the cross. He announces the contempt with which the multitudes would lead me to the sacrifice, the phrases of mockery the men would use on hearing me say that the Father was in me, the solitude which my body would experience before human ingratitude, all the torments to which I would be subjected, and even the way in which they would cast lots for my clothing.
5. Each one of my prophets came to announce my coming, to prepare paths, and to give precise signs so that no one would be confused when the day came.
6. In Nazareth there lived a pure and tender flower, an unwed virgin named Mary, who was precisely the one announced by the Prophet Isaiah to have the fruit of the true life sprout from her womb. Unto her came the spiritual messenger of the Lord to tell her of the mission which she brought to earth, saying to her, Hail, you are highly favored; the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women.
7. The hour for the revelation of the divine mystery had come, and all that had been said about the presence of the Messiah, the Savior, the Redeemer, was about to be fulfilled. But how few were the hearts who were sensitive to my presence! How few the spirits that were prepared to recognize the kingdom of heaven in the light of my truth!
8. The majority of men, materialized by their ambitions, tried to interpret all things according to human knowledge and experience. They attempted to confirm the spiritual through their material science, but were confused by those things which are incomprehensible, thus ended up denying me.
9. Few were the ones who loved me and followed me, and many were the ones who rejected me.
10. Those who loved me were those who recognized my presence through spiritual sensitivity and faith, which are gifts superior to human reason, to science, and to intelligence.
11. Mankind scrutinized me at each step. All of my words and deeds were judged with evil intent. Most of the time men were confused by my deeds or by the evidence I offered because their human mind was not capable of comprehending that which only the spirit can comprehend.
12. If I prayed, they would say, Why does he pray if he claims to be full of power and wisdom? What can he need or request? And if I did not pray, they would say that I did not fulfill the obligation of their religion.
13. If they saw that I did not nourish myself while my disciples ate, they judged that I was not following the laws instituted by God. And if they saw me eating, they asked themselves, Why does he need to eat to live, if he says that he is life? They did not understand that I had come to the world to reveal to men how humanity should live after experiencing a prolonged purification on earth! From that long purification a more spiritualized generation should emerge that is above human misery, the demanding needs of the flesh, and the selfish passions of the physical senses.
14. Many centuries have passed since I enlightened human beings with my presence. And when they try to understand the truth about Mary’s conception, about my human nature and my spiritual essence, their disturbed minds have not been able to understand, nor have their poisoned hearts understood that truth.
15. Those minds and hearts, liberated from their darkness for an instant, shall allow their spirits to escape to the regions of light where they will feel illuminated by a superior brightness, which will not be that of their reason nor their science.
16. Then, through their already evolved spirits, they will know the truth which their small and limited human mind was unable to reveal to them.
17. For if men knew how to feel and understand all the love that my Spirit pours over them through nature, they would all be good. But some are ignorant and others ungrateful.
18. It is only when the elements of nature manifest my justice that they tremble, but not because they understand that it is my voice of justice which speaks, rather it is because they fear for their lives or for their earthly goods.
19. From the beginning of humanity to the present, my justice has made itself felt among men through nature’s elements. I have done that because man needs material proof, starting .from the time when he first lived on earth and was very primitive, to the present era when he is very materialistic.
20. How long will it take for humanity to evolve to where it will understand my love and feel my presence through its conscience? When humanity obeys my law and hears my voice advising it, that will be an indication that humanity has left behind the eras of materialism.
21. In the meantime mankind will still have to be touched by the elements of nature in different ways until they are convinced that superior forces exist and that man’s materialism is highly inferior to those forces.
22. The earth will tremble. Water will cleanse and fire will purify humanity.
23. All the elements and forces of nature will make themselves felt throughout the world where human beings have not known how to live in harmony with the life which surrounds them.
24. However, nature does not seek the destruction of those who disrespect it. It only seeks harmony between man and all creatures.
25. If nature is manifesting its justice in a harsher manner, it is because the faults of men and their lack of harmony with its laws are also greater.
26. I told you that the leaf of the tree did not move without my will, and now I say to you that all of the elements of nature will only obey God's will.
27. I also say to you that nature can be to men what they wish it to be: a mother endowed with blessings, with caresses and nourishment, or an arid desert where hunger and thirst reign. It can be either a teacher of wise and infinite revelations about life, goodness, love, and eternity, or an unyielding judge in the face of disobedience, and the disrespect and the errors of men.
28. Blessing them, I said to the first men, Be fruitful; multiply and fill the earth. Conquer it, and rule over the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and over all creatures that move on the face of the earth.
29. Yes, humanity, I created man so that he would be master and would have power over space, over waters, over all the earth, and the elements of creation. But behold, I have emphasized the term master because men, believing they rule the earth with their science, are truly slaves; believing they dominate the forces of nature, they are victims because of their fear, ignorance, and lack of preparation.
30. Human power and science have invaded the earth, the seas, and space, but their power and force are not in harmony with the power and force of nature, which express God’s divine love. Nature is filled with life, wisdom, harmony, and perfection; whereas, human power, science, and their deeds are only filled with pride, selfishness, vanity, wickedness.
31. Soon the forces of nature will awaken humanity. Through that bitter pain, men will leave behind their materialism to observe the path of light and truth, which will show them the way along which they should have attained true power and wisdom.
32. It will never be too late for repentance, for the correction of an error, or the regeneration of a sinner. The doors of my kingdom will always be open awaiting the child, who after journeying a long time under his free will, will at last open his eyes to the light and understand that there exists no more perfect or marvelous freedom than that of the spirit which knows how to obey the will of its Father.
33. It is a freedom that is infinite within the realm of love that is found in goodness, justice, and perfection.
34. In order to obey my law, you must pray, always elevating your spirits toward your Father.
35. I have seen that in order to pray, you prefer solitude and silence, and that is the right thing to do when trying to find inspiration through prayer, or when you want to give thanks to me. But I also say to you that you should practice prayer in whatever condition you find yourselves, so that you might know how to summon my help in the more difficult periods of your lives, without losing serenity, self-control, faith in my presence, and selfconfidence.
36. Prayer can be long or brief according to the need. You may, if you so desire, spend long hours within that spiritual ecstasy if your physical body does not become tired, or if some other duty does not require your attention. And prayer may be as brief as a single second if you find yourselves subjected to some trial which has suddenly surprised you.
37. What reaches me are not the words with which you attempt to form your prayers, but the love, the faith, or the need with which you present yourselves before me. That is why I tell you that there will be times when your prayer will be no more than a second, for there will be no time to formulate thoughts, phrases, and ideas as you are accustomed to doing.
38. Wherever you are, you can summon me, for the place is of no importance to me since what I seek is the spirit.
39. If you enjoy praying in the open fields, or feel that you are able to better meditate in these houses of prayer, or if you prefer your bedroom, pray wherever you feel closest to your Father. But do not forget that I, who am everywhere, am indifferent as to where I communicate with your spirits.
40. You do not always pray with the same preparation, and, therefore, you do not always experience the same peace or the same inspiration.
41. There are times in which you succeed in becoming inspired and elevating your thoughts, and there are others in which you are completely indifferent. How could you always expect to receive my
messages in the same form? You should educate your minds and even your bodies to cooperate with your spirit in moments of prayer.
42. The spirit is always willing to communicate with me, but it requires the good will of the material body in order to elevate itself in those moments and to free itself of everything which surrounds it in its earthly life.
43. Make an effort to achieve true prayer because whoever knows how to pray, carries in himself the key to peace, to health, to hope, to spiritual strength, and to eternal life.
44. The invisible shield of my law protects him against all temptation and dangers. He will bear an invisible sword on his lips to defeat as many enemies as might block his path. A ray of light will light his way amidst the storms, a constant miracle will be at his reach whenever he needs it, whether for himself or for the good of his brothers.
45. Pray. Practice that sublime gift of the spirit, for that strength shall be the one to move the life of men of the future, those who will be able to communicate with me from spirit to Spirit.
46. Parents will become inspired through prayer in order to guide their children.
47. The ill will gain health through prayer. Heads of states will resolve their great problems seeking light with prayer, and the man of science also will receive revelations through the gift of prayer.
48. Seek that world of spiritual light; practice spiritual prayer; perfect that form to the extent that you can, and transmit that knowledge to your children, trusting that they will take one step beyond what you have reached. In order to help you in your prayers, I come to explain my doctrine to you with simplicity, clarifying the revelations which I gave to you in past times. Do you know why you can now better understand my word? It is because you spirits have evolved.
49. Soon you will speak to humanity about my doctrine, offering proof that you have understood the lessons which you preach, and supporting your words with your good deeds. Truly I say to you that faced with your example even the most stubborn individuals will be convinced of the truth of this doctrine.
50. Any one of my disciples who has developed his spiritual gifts, and who has strengthened his heart through the practice of charity, will resist all the trials to which humanity might want to submit him. For if he has succeeded in expressing my word with essence and truth and has converted his heart into an inexhaustible fountain of love and charity toward his brothers, then he has prayed, and by his virtue he finds himself on the path of spirituality. That disciple is prepared to give testimony of me.
51. Now that I am still a few years away from ending my manifestation under this form, keep my word in your hearts, and learn from me as you travel along the path of your struggles. Thus, you will know when you should speak to your brothers and when you must teach with your silence.
52. You will have complete confidence in my divine help and an unyielding faith in all things that you do, which will bring good results because you will be obeying my law.
53. The effectiveness of your words and deeds will depend on that confidence and faith.
54. You will not always be able to speak, but you will at all times be given the opportunity to use the spiritual gifts you have developed.
55. Prepare yourselves, and during the moment of an ordeal your presence will be enough for your brethren to become enlightened and for the storm to become calm. And your spiritual prayer will produce a miracle upon those for whom you pray for they will feel a mantle of charity and tenderness descending upon them.
56. Your good influence will be over the spiritual and over the material things. You will not only concentrate on fighting against visible elements but also against the invisible.
57. It the light of my Spirit has enlightened the man of science, helping him to discover the causes of physical illnesses, those which you call diseases, it also enlightens you spiritually so that you may
discover the origin of all the ills which afflict human life, including those which disturb the spirit, as well as those which confuse the mind or torment the heart.
58. There are forces, invisible to human sight and unknown to the science of man, which constantly influence your lives.
59. There are those which are good and those which are bad, some which give you health and others which cause illnesses. There are those which are filled with light and others with darkness.
60. From where do these forces arise? From the spirit, disciples, from the mind and from feelings.
61. Every incarnated and disincarnated spirit emanates vibrations when it thinks; every emotion exerts an influence. You can be sure that the world is filled with these vibrations.
62. Now you can easily understand that healthy forces and influences must exist where people think and dwell in goodness, and that where they live outside of the laws and regulations which are determined by goodness, justice and love, there must exist evil forces.
63. Both forces exist in the spiritual realm and struggle among themselves. They influence the way men think and feel, and if men know how to discriminate them, they are able to receive take the good inspiration and reject the bad influences. But if they are weak and not prepared through the practice of good, they will not be able to confront those vibrations and will be in danger of becoming slaves to evil and succumbing to its control.
64. Those vibrations arise from incarnated spirits as well as from disincarnated beings, for good and disturbed spirits exist on earth the same as in the hereafter.
65. In this period the influence of evil is greater than that of good. Therefore, the force which dominates humanity is that of evil, from which are derived selfishness, deceit, lust, pride, pleasure in causing injury, destruction, and all low passions. The illnesses which torment man originate from that moral imbalance.
66. Man does not have the weapon to fight against those forces. He has been conquered and taken prisoner to the abyss, a life without spiritual light, without true happiness, without aspiration toward good.
67. Now that man believes that he has reached the highest level of knowledge, he ignores that he is in the abyss.
68. I, who know your beginning and your future in eternity, have given mankind weapons to battle against the forces of evil since the First Era. But man has rejected them and prefers a battle of evil against evil in which no one triumphs, for all will in the end be defeated.
69. It is written that evil shall not prevail, which means that at the end of the times it shall be good which triumphs.
70. If you ask me which were the weapons with which I endowed humanity to fight against the forces or influences of evil, I will tell you that they were prayer, perseverance in the law, faith in my word, and love for one another.
71. Today I have had to manifest myself spiritually to this humanity, to explain to it word by word the origin of good and evil, and how to fight in order to triumph in the battle of the Third Era.
72. I come to alert you, making your spirits sensitive in order for you to learn to receive all good which comes to you and to reject and combat evil.
73. No one should ridicule what I say, for with his ridicule he will make known his great ignorance.
74. You know that all the messengers whom you have had, forerunners of a spiritual and scientific revelation, were ridiculed. Nevertheless, humanity had to eventually accept their revelations, convinced of the truth they preached.
75. Did men from the past know how a person acquired an illness or what caused an epidemic? No, they did not, and from that ignorance arose superstitions and mysterious forms of worship. But a day came, in which the intelligence of man, enlightened by the light of the Creator, discovered the cause of his physical illnesses. He then struggled to find the way to regain health. Humanity thus acquired knowledge that men from the past lacked and began to understand things previously hidden and invisible to the man of science.
76. In that same manner, humanity will come to know the origin of the forces of good and evil and their influence upon humanity. When that knowledge becomes known by mankind, there will be no one listening to this teaching who will doubt the truth of my doctrine.
77. I come to enlighten you with these teachings so that you will discover the gifts that your spirit possesses; humanity has rejected those gifts since the beginning of time. I have come to awaken your
dormant spirit, so that, illuminated by the light of the conscience, it will reject evil forces and attain full development in its spiritual evolution. Just as the germ from an illness comes to you in the contaminated air, the evil influences come invisibly and silently, disturbing your minds and causing your spirits to weaken.
78. Only prayer will be able to give you intuition and sensibility, strength and inspiration to sustain you in the daily and constant struggle against evil.
79. I have spoken to you about the forces and influences of evil, but have I ever mentioned any spirit to you? Have I ever named one? No, you tell me. But I must make it clear to you in this time that no spirit exists which represents or is the origin of evil.
80. The ancient beliefs, which have come all the way to the present generations, must disappear along with the figures, forms, and symbolic names with which men of the past represented evil, giving it human form and granting it spiritual existence. For without realizing it, you have created with them superstitious myths and cults unworthy of the spiritual evolution which man has reached in this time.
81. Know that evil arose from man, from his weaknesses, and that to the extent that humanity continued to grow in number as well as in imperfections and sins, the force or influence of evil increased. That force, formed by thoughts, ideas, feelings, and passions, began to make its influence felt in men, and they came to believe that it consisted of a spirit which surely was the representation of evil, without realizing that that force was formed by their own imperfections.
82. Be alert and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.
My Peace be with you!