BTL - Volume II - Teaching 32
The Book of True Life - Teachings of the Divine Master -
Volume II - Teaching 29 - 55
Book of True Life - Volume 2
1. Prepare yourselves for I want you to analyze the essence of my word which I have come to bring you in this era.
2. You are still small children when you should already be mature disciples by now, for you have lived several times on earth. You should have been children only in the First Era in order to become youths in the Second and reach maturity in the Third Era.
3. I have always beheld you as little children. In your spiritual infancy you walked innocently, lacking development in your faculties and your senses, ignoring your beginning. Then you received my first lessons and revelations. In the Second Era you should have already been young men who, in full spiritual youth, lived in an elevated form; but I found you oppressed and enslaved, tied to rituals and traditions. Observing that you had not taken advantage of my lessons, I came to trace for you, with my examples of charity and love, the path which would take you to the promised land. Also, I was preparing you for the new teachings, which I promised to come to give you. I told you to be strong and not fall into a new enslavement. And what have you done with my doctrine? I find you still ignoring my teaching. Why have you forgotten the promise I made to you to return among you spiritually? I am in spirit just as I told you, and you do not recognize me. Why have you fallen into idolatry and mysticism, confusing material practices with spiritual worship? I find you confused by false doctrines, those with which your brothers have separated you from the path of your evolution. You complain because you lack freedom. I observe how much you have suffered from having drunk from such a bitter chalice; but do not think that I have punished you. No, I have always wanted to guide your steps so that you would love me as a Father and feel my divine protection.
4. Many centuries have gone by since the day in which I gave you my word and my last recommendations through Jesus. Today, I appear before you as the Holy Spirit, fulfilling my promise to you. I have not come to become human. I come in spirit and only those who are prepared will perceive me. While you believe in my word and follow me, others do not accept my manifestation and deny it. I have had to give them evidence, and thanks to it, I have been slowly overcoming their disbelief. The love and patience which I have always manifested to you make you understand that only your Father can love you and teach you in this way. I watch over you and lighten your cross so that you do not stumble. I have you feel my peace so that you walk filled with trust in me.
5. You have always suffered, for you have not paid attention to my examples of humility. You have not observed how far I have descended in order to make myself be heard and understood by you; but I forgive you for you belong to the first people, to the first born. Live by my examples and have humanity love me and come close to me, for men no longer know how to seek me. They do not feel my presence; they do not recognize my benefits but attribute my wondrous works to chance. They do not trust in me and live in tranquility amid their confusion. I have told you that the leaf of the tree does not move outside of my will. You know that I govern the universe with my laws and love and that all beings are obedient to me. Only man attempts to ridicule these laws, not wanting to make good use of his free will.
6. Rest from your ordeals. Today, you are overburdened by the weight of your suffering. In your spirits there is grief, and tears sprout from your eyes in repentance for your faults. You have been
rejected for following my cause, but I have told you that if you prepare yourselves, you will be able to overcome and withstand the judgement of your brothers with the strength acquired from practicing charity.
7. I have not chosen you in vain as instruments to spread my word. I place my confidence in you. I charge you with a delicate mission which is to take redemption to your brothers with your examples. The seed is within you. It is the same with which I have had you live since the beginning. I expect good fruit from your sowing as a result of your labor and your vigilance. Lighten the cross which you carry by fulfilling with love the mission which I have entrusted to you. Finish your work. Do not fear the death of the body. Believe that your spirit will never die. It will only strip itself of the material body which was granted to it as an instrument to live on the earth, and which, once its mission is completed, will pay its tribute to the earth. Then your spirit will free itself to go in search of limitless horizons, thus beginning a new life in which you will find the reward for your work in this world.
8. Cast aside erroneous customs and traditions. Take the light of my teaching so that your doubt vanishes and mysteries become clear according to my will.
9. I am showing you the true life of the spirit, so that you do not live under unjust threats, and so that you do not obey my law only because you fear God’s punishment. You have been told about that punishment by those who have not known how to interpret my word. Take my law. It is not complicated nor difficult to understand. Anyone who knows it and guides himself by it will not be
confused. Neither does he give room to false words or omens, to erroneous ideas, or wrong interpretations. My law is simple. It always indicates the way which you should follow. Trust in me. I am the way which will lead you to the white city, the promised land, which has it doors open awaiting your arrival.
10. It has pleased me to give you a legacy which not only belongs to you but to all humanity. You have received so much that you are obligated to give part of this wealth to all who ask. Carry the light to your brothers who pay for their faults in captivity. Comfort the sick. Anoint them with your love as I did in the Second Time, and you will see the balsam of my charity pour over them. Encourage those who are sad and guide them to be patient and strong. In that way you will be practicing your gifts and feel comforted.
11. You have among you the world of virtuous spirits who come to your aid. Ask with faith and respect and you will receive their benefits. Call on them without distinction for all have been equally
prepared by me; all have made themselves worthy of coming in this time to help humanity. Imitate their examples and be united with them in the ideal of progress. I have permitted this spiritual world to teach you, and in the battle which approaches they will be invincible soldiers and will protect you.
12. My law is not limited. It is infinite and you can fulfill it in many ways. You should study it in depth so that you will come to practice it, through I do not require that you perform perfect deeds.
13. After having listened to my word for so long, I do not want you to consider these moments lost or misused. If you persevere, you will succeed in spiritualizing yourselves. Then you will be like an open book before your brothers. After 1950 you will reach a higher level of elevation. I will continue to communicate with you through inspiration, and these people shall receive your words as messages which I send them. In that time you will recognize how wise and profound was my teaching.
14. After 1950, the year in which my communication in this form will end, humanity will endure many ordeals. Nature will suffer great disturbances; everything will be greatly shaken; there will be disorganization on all levels. Prepare yourselves and help the weak in that time, for many will succumb in those trials.
15. The year 1950, feared by some and yearned for by others, is approaching. Many sects and religions think about that date and await the events which will occur at that time in order to judge my
work. Others will question themselves over the reason for such world turmoil, and you will speak in my name, announcing that after that chaos, humanity will reach the peace for which it yearned.
16. Because I am not insensitive to your sorrows, they reach me and cause me to suffer.
17. Why do you look at each other as strangers, distinguishing among yourselves according to races, classes, and beliefs, when you are living in the same home, which is this world? I promise you that I will erase the boundaries and bring you close together. Crowns and scepters shall fall. Might shall disappear, and so shall wealth, for the time has come for those differences to cease to exist. The day will come when all of you will possess the earth equally. You shall go from one pole to the other without having anyone detain you. Hypocrisy, bad will, and vanity shall disappear in order to make room for love and agreement. And that weeping which rises to me from widows and orphans, from the lack of bread, and from the absence of peace and happiness, will be exchanged for a hymn of love and of recognition which will sprout from all of my children.
18. You feel tranquil in your nation because you enjoy peace and well-being, but I say to you, Do not become overconfident; do not sleep, but rather be vigilant and perform good deeds if you want to preserve that peace.
19. My laborers, I am putting you through trials as I did the patient Job in the past. But do not think that I do it with the desire to make you suffer. No, it is with the purpose of having your spirit become strong as it becomes purified.
20. Do not try to appear pure before me. If your conscience voices your faults and sins to you, it is better that you confess before your Father and allow his word, like a purifying river, to cleanse you of all stain. Then you will feel worthy of presenting yourselves before your brothers to teach them the truth contained in my teaching.
21. My peace is in your nation. Be alert and pray so that you do not lose this grace through your bad deeds. Retain my peace; treasure my wisdom. Have you not become aware of how the struggle is lying in ambush for you, calling at your doors, and setting traps to make you fall? But if you know how to be vigilant, do not fear, for I will help you to triumph in your battle.
22. I am Jehovah, the one who has freed you from death at all times. I am the one God who has spoken to you throughout time. Christ was my Word who spoke through Jesus. He said to you, Whoever knows the Son, knows the rather. And I am also the Holy Spirit who speaks to you today, for only one Holy Spirit exists, only one Word, and that is mine.
23. Listen, my disciples, in the First Era I gave you the law, in the Second I showed you the love with which you should interpret those commandments, and now in this Third Era, I send you the light in order for you to comprehend all that I have revealed to you.
24. Therefore, why do you strive to find three gods where only one Divine Spirit exists, which is mine?
25. I gave the law to the first men. Nevertheless, I announced to Moses that I would send the Messiah. Christ, through whom I gave you my word, told you when his mission was coming to an end, I am returning to the Father from whom I came. He also said to you, The Father and I are one. Following that, he promised to send you the Spirit of Truth, which would come to clarity the mystery of my revelations according to my will and your evolution.
26. But who can shed light on my secrets and explain those mysteries? Who can unravel the book of my wisdom, if not I?
27. Truly I say to you that the Holy Spirit, which you now find distinct from Jehovah and Christ, is no more than the wisdom which I manifest to your spirits in order to have you understand, contemplate, and feel the truth.
28. Today, I prepare you to receive my word; may it descend like a dew upon thirsty plants, like crystalline water to erase the thirst of your spirits. I receive you as little children in my fatherly love.
29. You now begin to take your first steps on firm ground. But should you come to a standstill, and you later do not hear my mandates, do not close the path to your brothers, to those who will come after you yearning to serve me, to those who have prepared themselves and are awaiting me. If you do not learn my lesson, what can you teach? Penetrate into the essence of my work and become
enlightened so that you might understand me. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end of all knowledge.
30. In this time I announce to you the trials which will come to be; three quarters of the earth shall disappear, pain will touch all men, and the world will suffer great hardships, but if you prepare yourselves, through one of you a whole region will be saved. The science attained by men will not suffice to cure the strange illnesses which will appear. Then you will understand that you must elevate yourselves beyond that which is earthly to cure and remedy illnesses. Israel shall liberate humanity from great catastrophes. But how greatly you must prepare yourselves in order to fulfill your destinies. The apostles of this time will go from region to region taking the good news, and their gifts shall be like an inexhaustible fountain offering an abundance of blessings to men.
31. With each miracle that I grant them, new apostles will develop faith and arise, and their mission shall be great. But woe unto them if they become vain, for they will lose their gifts!
32. Respect the gifts granted to your brothers. Cultivate the tree which I have entrusted to you, for you are all laborers in one single field. My charity follows you everywhere. I know your deeds and
your thoughts. Watch and pray, because humanity needs your prayers for its spiritual evolution.
33. Many of you believe your suffering to be contradictory to the Father’s law of love. For you think, If I am a child of God, if the universal and almighty Father created me, why did he allow me to fall? Why did he not make me obedient, good, and perfect?
34. Truly I say to you that you have not meditated over what you think. That which you believe contradictory to my laws is precisely the confirmation of the law of love. And so that you might better understand it, listen. On the divine ladder there is an infinite number of beings whose spiritual perfection allows them to occupy different steps according to the grade of evolution which they have
reached. Your spirits were created with sufficient attributes to evolve along that ladder of perfection and to reach a certain level of evolution, according to the will of God.
35. You do not know the destiny of those spirits, but I say to you that it is perfect like everything created by me.
36. You still do not understand the gifts that the Father gave to you, but do not fear, because later you will become aware of them and will see them manifested fully.
37. The infinite number of spirits which, like yours, reside in different dwellings find themselves united by a superior force, which is that of love. They were created for struggle, for their elevation, not for immobility. Those who have obeyed my mandates have come to be great in divine love. Nevertheless, I remind you that even though your spirits may have reached greatness, power, and wisdom, they will not come to be omnipotent since their attributes are not infinite as they are in God. However, they will suffice to take you to the peak of your perfection along the straight path which the love of your Creator traced for you from the first instant.
38. When I created you, I gave you the gift of free will so that through your own will you would glorify me through the deeds of love and charity that you practice with your brethren.
39. A spirit without free will would not be a worthy creation of the Supreme Being. It would be a useless being without aspiration toward its perfection.
40. Today, you still live within a material existence due to a lack of brotherhood, for in the spiritual domain everything lives in perfect harmony.
41. A lack of understanding of the divine love causes spiritual retardation, something which can only be avoided by returning to the path, to true repentance, and to obedience.
42. In your present world your brothers who cultivate science have not led you to the peak of your evolution. They have taken you to pain, to the abyss, to arrogance; but I have not abandoned you for one instant. You are the ones who have been slow to respond to my call of love.
43. For having abused the loving and just freedom which your Father gave you, you must with pain and tears purify yourselves of the stains which you have left in your spirits. Nevertheless, the one who makes restitution for his errors with submission will reach his evolution, and his ascent shall be faster than his fall.
44. For centuries and centuries, I have been giving you examples and proofs of tenderness and of divine love, which at times have succeeded in moving your hearts, making you exclaim, I love you, Lord; I admire you. But I ask you, If you love me, why do you not imitate me by putting my teachings into practice? Why have you departed from the spiritual life, thus delaying your evolution? How could you dare to blame God for your own falls, for your pain, and for your foolishness?
45. Today, when I call you, not all of you listen to me. Nevertheless, I promise you that all will listen to me and that not one of my children will become lost in the eternity of the spirit.
46. Some will seek me in response to my love. Others, weighed down by pain, will plead for my mercy to detain their bitter chalice.
47. I am continuing my message which I gave to you through Jesus, yet you do not want to abandon the unreliable paths in life that you have taken which have caused you to go astray.
48. Would you wish to blame me for that which has come from you rather than from me? I have told you to sow love, and instead of that you have sown hatred. Do you expect to reap love?
49. I have taught you to live a simple, pure, and elevated life in peace, and you insist on living a constant war of hatred, materialism, and harmful ambitions.
50. You frequently ask things from God without knowing for what you ask, but you never give to God what he asks of you on your own behalf.
51. If you have become vain and have strayed so far from the divine teachings, how do you expect God to give you that for which you do not know how to ask, or that he rule the universe according
to your ideas or wills? Truly I say to you that the universe would not exist for a second if I allowed you to govern it under your human desires.
52. I have given you one more drop of the divine essence, and I will give you more in future lessons. But do not take my teaching without analyzing it, for it will enlighten you so that you might better interpret my revelations.
53. Take the essence of the teaching and interpret it according to what your conscience and heart tell you.
54. Spirituality is not found in religious or scientific texts. It is found in your spirits, which would reflect grace and honor if they would always fulfill the precept which says to you, Love one another.
55. Do not create new philosophies or theories derived from this doctrine. Do not raise material temples nor create symbolic representations. I will give you all the revelations that pertain to these times.
56. Truly I say to you that you are not the only ones who will possess the truth. In their origin, ministers of different religions, scientists, believers and unbelievers are all spiritual creatures of God whom I will fill with grace as they journey along their path.
57. Humbly invite your brothers to study my doctrine of love, charity, and spiritual elevation. Do not forget that not one of your deeds will be perfect if it is not motivated by love towards
everything you see and even towards that which you only sense in the moments of your meditation.
58. There are many lives in the invisible. Sense them, bless them, and love them.
59. Do not create idolatry, fanaticism, or material hierarchies. There is nothing greater than the light which adorns the spirit which has reached perfection through its virtue.
60. He who loves the most is greater than the one who claims to be great through his position or his vanity.
61. Remember Jesus.
62. Your understanding is clearer in these times, and my word is also becoming more understandable.
63. My temple is your heart; its light is my love. The greatest offering which you can deposit in your heart is spiritual peace, if you live doing good, and blessing and loving your brothers.
64. What good would your songs, prayers, and rituals be to you if inside, you only hid lower passions? I thirst for your love not for incense. I wish for fewer tears and more light in your existence.
65. You will have to answer for everything. And your bad deeds will determine how harshly you will judge yourselves. For I do not judge you. That is false. When the spirit becomes enlightened, it will become its own greatest accuser and judge. I am the one who defends you against all confusion, the one who forgives you and saves you, because I am the love which purifies and forgives.
66. I will give you new teachings so that you might understand this lesson, which is one more page I will give you to form the Book of True Life.
67. Obey my law and through your examples of humility, charity, and love, these small multitudes will multiply and become as numerous as the stars in the heavens and as the sands of the sea.
My Peace be with you!