BTL - Volume 1 - Teaching 25
The Book of True Life - Teachings of the Divine Master - Volume I - Teaching 1 - 28
Book of True Life - Volume 1
1. The spirit of Elijah, like a celestial bell, has awakened you so that you would come to hear My word.
2. Your heart anxiously asks itself, What will the nourishment be that the Father gives us to taste on this day? What will the lesson for today be?
3. Truly I say to you: A woman left someone seriously ill in order to come and hear Me, and I say to her: When you return home, that sick one will leave his bed and he himself will open the door
and give you the good news that he is well, for he who forsakes his worldly benefits to be with Me, will have someone watch over what he has left, and it will be Me.
4. I behold those who while suffering great pain have shed tears in the corner of their chamber, without being in despair or complaining against Me, accepting their ordeal humbly, knowing that in order to attain My Kingdom it is necessary to be worthy of it.
5. I see everyone traveling different roads of the human struggle and then I have become a pilgrim who crosses your path to ask you: Where are you going? And while some answer Me: We seek peace,
others say to Me: We are in search of bread. Then the Master goes ahead and knocks at the door which you are going to knock upon, so that your brethren will receive you with charity and good will. This is why when you called you have found the hearts, which were hard as rock, deeply moved, you recognize My presence and you say to Me: "Lord, is the charity that you have for us so great?"
6. The ordeals which you encounter along your path, have not happened by chance, I have allowed them so that you can earn merits. The leaf of a tree does not move without My will and also I
am within the great works of Creation as well as the lesser ones; be watchful and pray so that you will understand what fruit you should gather from each ordeal, in order for your purification to be
shortened. Carry your cross with love and I will make it possible for you to endure your restitution with patience.
7. This is the Third Era in which I come anew to tell you: "Love one another," but not only among human beings, but from one world to another; you should love and have pity on those who are in spirit for they are also your brethren.
8. How distant is the time when you were told: "He who kills by the sword will die by the sword." "The measure you give is the measure you get." Today I say to you: Truly repent, cleanse your
blemishes with acts of charity, forgiveness and love.
9. From all the pathways I have called you to give only one teaching. On My table there have never been fruits better than the other, I have offered to all only one bread and the same wine. Those
who have sat at My table have been the influential as well as the outcasts; the rich as well as the poor; the sinners as well as the meek. I have received those who have lived with purity as well as those who arrive with their spirit blemished. I teach you this so that along the path of your existence you will never discriminate against any of your brethren.
10. Be humble before those who feel superior and he who humbles himself before you considering himself small, make him understand that he is not less than you are.
11. It is necessary to practice My Doctrine in order to understand the infinite power of love. Love is the virtue that converts the sinful man into My disciple. Love is the essence of the eternal life.
12. There are those who ask Me, Why do you need to speak to us in this manner in order to guide us along the path of the evolution of the spirit? Truly I say to you: This word that you hear, is the book
which comprises My wisdom.
13. Why have I opened this book before you? To reveal many mysteries to man; to shed light upon the darkness of ignorance.
14. Truly I say to you, that men of power cannot do it all, nor do the wise men know everything, nor do the theologians know Me in truth.
15. That is why I have come anew as the Master among mankind to illuminate your understanding so that you may understand the great revelations, provided that you do not pretend to have reached the height of My wisdom, but penetrate My sanctuary with respect and humility. He who penetrates thus, will be guided by Me to where it is My will and he will never experience pain.
16. Analyze the science of these times, its fruits are bitter because men want to penetrate into My secrets without respect, and how many, on discovering on a minimum scale the wonders of the
Universe have doubted the existence of an Omnipotence that has created everything. They are those who only believe in what they see and what they touch, but everything that is beyond their comprehension, is denied by them.
17. The knowledge which is beyond your comprehension and materialism, is what I have come to teach you, so that you can attain your spiritual perfection.
18. Be prepared, O humanity, so that you will avoid eating those bitter fruits that science prepares for you. I have always come to reveal to you the secrets of the true life.
19. During the Second Era great multitudes listened to Me, thousands of the sick were healed just by being touched by Me or by listening to My word of tenderness, or being contemplated by My loving gaze. Many of them loved and recognized Me although not all followed Me, for only twelve were the ones who accompanied Me to the end. Their names are immortal because of their examples of perfection, virtue and sacrifice which they willed to you, but they were not perfect when I called them, if they had been I would not have called them to teach them.
20. Neither among you do I find just or perfect people, but you will be converted through My teaching and you will perform great deeds. The heart of mankind is hardened, but I will enlighten you
along the pathway so that you will come out ahead.
21. In the Second Era, when my apostles were scattered throughout the world, Peter had moments of weakness before the persecutions, the cruelty and hardness of men, and wanting to flee Rome to save his life, he beheld the silhouette of Jesus carrying the cross upon His shoulders advancing toward the pagan city. Peter asked His Master: "Where are you going, Lord?" To which Jesus answered: "To die again for you." Peter sobbingly offered His Lord to return to the bosom of the sinners to save them, even at the cost of his blood and his life, to die imitating His Master.
22. That is why I say to you: Do not wait for 1950, the year of My departure, to surprise you unprepared and weak, for if you want to arise and spread My teachings thus, you will weaken.
23. Then you will seek My word to strengthen yourselves and you will not find it. Today even while I am still teaching you, arise to practice My lessons, regenerate yourselves, take a step toward
spirituality; I will animate you with deeds and miracles and you will marvel before the great revelations which I will give you from Spirit to spirit. I will surprise the materialistic scientists, manifesting to them the existence of the spiritual. All that they have denied and
which exists, will be beheld by them. Then their curiosity will be aroused, the ambition to investigate the hereafter and that will be the moment in which My emissaries and disciples will appear to explain
all that I have revealed to you and prevent mankind from creating sects and theories around My new revelations.
24. Today is the time to listen, to meditate and if the moment arrives to go in pursuit of the peoples and nations and some of you are unable to do it, do not fear, for there where you dwell you can do
much; let your children be the ones to spread the good news to distant lands. Remember that I have said that the first will be last and the last first.
25. Today the multitudes come before My teaching; those who suffer the most, those who hunger and thirst for justice, those who dream of a peaceful life remain to continue listening to My word.
26. Among these poor, rude and simple people I am selecting those through whom I give you My word.
27. The Divine Master of all periods returns among you to communicate with mankind, guiding the spirit in this manner toward a new day.
28. Prepare your understanding so that you can analyze My word with righteousness; I have already said that the spiritual followers will be the ones who will give a just interpretation to the lessons which your Father has revealed to you in this era and in past times. He who reads in My book and on analyzing it does it with a spiritual meaning, will be the one who approaches the truth.
29. In order to succeed in defining this Doctrine truthfully, first you have to struggle within yourselves, and sometimes you will even reach a state of confusion, but he who in the midst of his
turmoil is vigilant and prays trusting in Me, will feel that in his spirit calmness and peace penetrates.
30. The unleashed elements will cause the trees to shed their vain fruits and their dry leaves, until they are free from impurities. Are you not aware that tomorrow, when you cease to hear this word,
you will be left alone in the pathway, teaching your brethren what you learned from Me? I will always be within each one of you; the Master will prepare the way and the disciple will fulfill his mission.
31. I promised to enlighten men so that all would know and understand the revelations of My Doctrine and this is the time in which that promise has been fulfilled, this era which man did not
wait for, because he has lost himself in a life of science from which he has built a new world and in which the spirits were anxious for My return, for they knew that for them My teaching is their
freedom, their elevation and from which they will attain peace.
32. Some have awaited this era, while inhabiting the spiritual realm, others have waited for the miracle while inhabitants of this Earth. Blessed are those who were able to wait with their lighted
lamp, like the prudent virgins of the parable.
33. Also during the Second Era the spirits anxiously awaited the coming of the Messiah; some in the material world, others from the spiritual mansions; it is that Christ is the door, He is the key, He is
the way and the spirits know it.
34. Within Me is the power to awaken the spirit of mankind and in truth I say to you that the hour approaches, and there will not be one who will not be moved by My call. Some will awaken from the
materialism which made them lethargic; others from their drunkenness for blood and diversion, others will awaken from their sleep of ignorance, whose night of darkness and fanaticism has been
35. At the moment that the spiritual light shines on mankind, prayers will emerge from the spirits and they will ask the Father what they should do to please Him and thus be able to approach His
36. Analyze My word, O disciples, and you will find wisdom in its essence, so that your spirit may be instructed in the Father's Doctrine of love, for it is your spirit to whom I have come to speak,
to instruct, preparing it for a more elevated life.
37. You realize that the body is only an instrument for the spirit, proof of it is that it is mortal and temporary, on the other hand, the spirit is destined for eternity.
38. How ignorant of the spiritual teachings I find this humanity, and it is because it has been taught that My Law and My Doctrine are only a morality that will be of use as an aid, and not as the path
that will guide its spirit toward the perfect mansion.
39. The different religions have come sowing a false fear toward spiritual knowledge within the heart of man, which has caused them to flee from My revelations and to be submerged in the confusion of
their ignorance, arguing that the spiritual life is a profound mystery.
40. Those who affirm this are lying. All the revelations that God made to men since the beginning of mankind, speak of the spiritual existence. It is true that I had not revealed all My teaching to you,
because you were not capable of knowing it all, until the time arrived. But what the Father has revealed up to now is enough for you to have a complete knowledge of the spiritual life.
41. O beloved people: You may call this time opportune, for in it you have had the visit of your Father, and if you wish to designate this date as a great event, record it as the year of 1866, which was
when Elijah affirmed that the moment of My presence among this people was near. Since then I have been selecting My disciples so that they will faithfully follow Me along this path.
42. Do you wish to follow Me? Do you wish to be of My disciples? Seek Me with the gentleness and the confidence with which Peter, Andrew, James and John followed Me, leaving behind them their loved ones, their fishing boats and nets in order to become as I said to them, fishermen of men.
43. Today I come to prepare a people, who will give testimony to My truth. By what means am I going to manifest Myself in the world if it is not through My disciples?
44. I want you to meditate deeply in My word before you initiate the path of fulfillment; be prepared because men are strong in their convictions. Develop yourselves in thought, as well as in words and deeds, thus you will have nothing to fear.
45. Yes, My people, I can see that you are attempting to practice My teachings, to live complying with My Law in order to please Me with your deeds. The Master blesses you and He encourages you to be perseverant in your regeneration so that you can attain spirituality.
46. After the departure of My word, you will do what My apostles of the Second Era did: they would gather to pray and in that manner they would receive the Divine light which guided them in
each one of their steps. By means of the spiritual prayer which is what I have come to teach you, they communicated with their Lord, they were animated by His presence and they were able to
understand what was the will of their Master. Now you realize why I adopted them as the base or foundation of My Church. Are you aware that I wish to form a new temple? Who will form the
foundation of this sanctuary? I will chose the strong, the faithful in virtue, those who are understanding and charitable because their examples will be worthy of imitating.
47. The secret sanctuary of your Father is about to overflow its heritage upon the spirit of mankind.
48. In your Nation I have fulfilled My promise to return among men, but those who have had the grace to listen to My teaching, should not, because of this, feel privileged among the rest of
mankind, because the essence of My word will reach every heart at its designated time, saying to them: Welcome, My children, who without weariness reach my presence to hear My word. You are My disciples chosen from among the great multitudes who have come to Me and your heart full of faith, firmly believing in this manifestation, receives My word and My maxims as the seed of
49. You arrived with a burden of suffering and imperfections, with a hunger and thirst for peace and tenderness, and the Master did not stop to behold your blemishes before seating you at his table
and serving you the best nourishment. You related to the Father all about your life and the vicissitudes along the pathway; you showed the nakedness of your spirit, whose clothing was torn to shreds by the hurricane winds. Deeply moved the Father took you to the fountain where you cleansed your stains, He gave you new and clean clothing and seating you around Him, He gave you the first
lesson which was for you like a kiss, like a caress and like a drop of healing balsam.
50. Thus I began to form within the heart of each disciple My book of wisdom and love which you should never close because its contents are not only for you. In its pages there is fortitude for your
ordeals and light to dissipate your ignorance.
51. I come to you because your brethren who possess the knowledge, have concealed the truth from mankind and have filled their hearts with egotism. I have not come to sell you My love, nor My word, nor My benefits. I only expect you to be prepared so that I can send you to other regions and villages to convey to your brethren the good news of My Doctrine, for in all the world there are
men who await My return. I wish that by 1950, which is the time that I will cease to communicate in this manner, you will find yourselves strong in order to begin the struggle.
52. I have separated you from fanaticism and from idolatry to fill your heart with the essence of My teaching so that you may elevate yourself to your Father, offering Him a cleansed, spiritual and simple worship. In the same way that I have taught you, I want you to teach your brethren.
53. When the elements are unleashed, be united, O disciples, and through your good deeds, elevation, faith and unification, I will spread among you My miracles which will be a testimony for the
unbelievers that I am with you.
54. The revelations confined within My secret sanctuary and which are reserved for you, are still a mystery because you have not become worthy of them.
55. The day that I cease to speak to you in this manner, is not far away, I want you to be prepared by then, so that there is not a single disciple who is ignorant of how to pray before the Father.
56. The ordeals of life are tempering your spirit. Do not rebel nor complain about them because afterward, when the whirlwind has passed, you will weep with regret for having offended Me with
your lack of faith. Remember that I have provided you with weapons so that you will be able to defend yourselves, they are: prayer and faith.
57. Pray and if the storm lashing against your home batters the door down, in truth I say to you that the flame of your lamp, apparently weak, will not be extinguished.
58. When you behold those whom you have converted withdrawing from the pathway and with contempt throwing away the bread which you had offered them, your heart is filled with pain
and you sorrowfully come before the Master to place your troubles in Him, but the Master says to you: If it is ingratitude which guides the steps of these, do not fear, allow them to leave, be vigilant and pray for them, but if they have left you for lack of your concern and example, for that you will answer to Me.
59. If some throw the bread away and depart, others will come, they will gather the crumbs and with them they will attain peace and happiness. Those who left will return in search of My laborers
because along the desert hunger and thirst will surprise them. You who have not been sent to judge the faults of your brethren, will welcome them with good will. He who is sick, you will heal and he
who is hungry, you will nourish.
60. If in spite of having given your help they deny you, forgive them. I will be the one who will judge their cause.
61. Your spiritual past is a mystery for you, that is why I say to you that you should accept your ordeals with meekness, because you are in a time of judgment and of spiritual restitution.
62. The time in which you came to the world to receive honors, enjoyments, pleasures, or to accumulate riches, has passed; today you come to live in humility, to purify yourselves, to elevate
yourselves through the ordeals and to serve your Lord being useful to your fellowmen.
63. Write within your heart a book with your good deeds and it will give you peace in this existence and infinite happiness in eternity.
64. If someone accumulates riches in exchange for My word and My gifts, I will say to you again as I did during the Second Era: "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven." How meritorious it is to see before Me those who yesterday enjoyed satisfactions, honors and comforts and today they follow My footsteps with gentleness
65. Among you are some whom I have tested like Job, for it is not My will that the spirits become lethargic, I want them to be diligent along the pathway.
66. There will come a moment for each one in which the voice of the Judge will ask you not only for the word that He as the Master delegated to you, but also what you did toward the fulfillment of
67. Prepare your spiritual gifts of vision, intuition and presentiment, so that you will be given to know in a figurative sense the test which pertains to you, and you with your prayer will be able
to overcome it.
68. Allow My word to guide you, since you are already convinced that I am revealing it for your own good.
69. These teachings seem new to you because you have forgotten them; but today during the Third Era I have come to reveal them to you again. I have prepared for you a great domain to which I
invite you, so that in it you will learn to sow the seed of eternity which I am entrusting to you.
70. I come to prepare My new disciples, so that through their faith and charity they can attain power over the illnesses of the body and the spirit and over the elements of creation.
71. Understand that it is not time for you to live in ignorance anymore; today you live in the era of light, of the great revelations that My teaching offers you. Can you imagine the wisdom that you
could have attained, if since the first era you had practiced My lessons, complying with My Law? However, you have surrendered to worldly enjoyments and have remained stationary along the road
of your spiritual evolution. That is why today that I have returned with My new lesson, this will seem strange to you, incomprehensible and beyond your way of living. But it would be enough if you meditate on a single one of My lessons for you to acknowledge the truth of My word, then you will see that there is nothing strange about My Doctrine, but rather your way of being outside of My Law.
72. Come to My domain, remember My teaching that you had forgotten, erase all bad seed and I will demonstrate the teaching that up to now you have not contemplated. Thus I will bring you out of
your lethargy, of your fanaticism, to allow you to penetrate into a true life, that which you should have lived since the beginning of your creation.
73. Do you see how humble this word is which flourishes from the lips of the spokesmen? Truly I say to you that in its simplicity, it will convey light upon men, so that they may understand My
revelations which by means of science and theology, were not able to comprehend.
74. The good disciples, the perseverant, the faithful, will be the ones who will analyze this Doctrine. They will also be humble, but in spite of their simplicity, they will surprise their brethren with the
wisdom of their interpretations.
75. My people will not only speak about My teachings, but also with their deeds they will teach mankind how My Law should be fulfilled and respected. Without egotism, they will be able to give all that they have received from their Father and they will demonstrate their zeal for the truth and purity of the treasure entrusted to them.
76. Teach your brethren with good and elevated deeds. Keep in mind that right here you should purify your spirit so that it will be worthy to proceed to another mansion along its path of spiritual evolution.
77. Take from My teaching the necessary strength to remove the obstacles that you find along your path; you well know that the weapon that conquers all is love, it will be a great joy for the one who comes out triumphant in that struggle and comes before Me as the victorious warrior after having won that battle.
78. Remember that it is I who has given you the weapon of love and in addition I have taught you to fight to win the great battles. Then what are you seeking along other roads when I am giving you
everything along the path of truth?
79. I come to manifest Myself through the faculty of the lowly, I come to open the eyes of those blind to the light of truth, so that they will be purified of their sins, feeling themselves loved by their Lord.
Were you not told during the Second Era, that the day would come in which every eye would see Me? He who is cleansed will see Me and that will be his reward; he who bears blemishes within his heart,
will also see Me and that will be his salvation. He who opens his eyes before My light, penetrates into the mystery and knows the reason for My revelations. He, knowing My truth will walk firmly in
80. Interpret My teaching justly, do not think that My Spirit is pleased seeing your suffering on Earth or that I have come to deprive you of all that is gratifying to you and thus be delighted with
it. I come to make you recognize and respect My laws, for they are worthy of your respect and observance and because obeying them will bring you happiness and eternal peace.
81. Through Jesus I taught you to give God what is God's and to Caesar what is Caesar's, but for men of today, only Caesar exists and they have nothing to offer their Father. If only you would give to the
world what is just, your worries here would be less, but Caesar has dictated absurd laws to you, he has converted you into his slaves and he takes your life without giving you any compensation.
82. Observe how different is My Law, which does not enslave the body or the spirit, it only convinces with love and guides you with gentleness; it gives you everything in exchange for nothing, it
rewards and compensates you along the pathway.
83. O disciples: Understand and study My lessons. I wish to form a group of people who will be the depositary of My wisdom, for everything will be prepared so that you can fulfill great missions.
Do not be intimidated by the first sound of the alarm; learn to go and meet the one who is your so-called enemy and forgive him, love him and acquaint him with My teachings.
84. Thus I want you to be prepared for the day of My departure. All of you know that 1950 is the date indicated by My will to cease communicating through a human faculty, and as My word is always
fulfilled, that day will terminate this communication which marked for you the beginning of the Third Era.
85. Do not try to change that date, nor try by any method to retain the manifestation of My word by this means or that of the spiritual realm. I say to you now, that those who do it thus, will not be illuminated by the light of the Master.
86. Why must you fall into such a profanation, when I have announced and promised that after this period you will communicate with Me from spirit to Spirit even when you have not been faculties?
87. I will also say at this moment that the prophets of this period have the responsibility to be prepared, for they have the mission to warm the multitudes of the ordeals which await them. I will reveal great prophecies to them, in order to help you not to fall into temptation.
My Peace be with you!